Elevator Forum

Otis 211 Hard Fault...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Otis 211 Hard Fault Reset

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
32.8 K Views
 JWB
(@JWB)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7383]
I have an Otis 211 hydraulic elevator that is currently in the pit with a readout of STLU on the display in the controller. Even though the safeties and door circuits appear fine it will not run up on inspection. I have been told that I need to do a hard fault reset in the controller to get the elevator to move. Does anyone have information on how this is done? I would also appreciate any input if there are other ideas as to what may be wrong with the elevator.



   
Quote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Press "S2" until you see "CLR0"
Press "S3" and hold button display will scroll CLR1, CLR2, maybe CLR3, hold until CLR0 returns.....
Press "S1" this will reset the RAM memory.



   
ReplyQuote
(@billvator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
building owners should not be working on elevators



   
ReplyQuote
(@Elevatorfella)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree building owners, keep your hands off the equipment or expect to get charged for the callback!! Did the RAM reset help you?



   
ReplyQuote
 JWB
(@JWB)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Elevatorfella, thank you for the information on the hard fault reset. It worked perfectly. I would have thanked you sooner but I left for a long vacation two days after I originally posted my problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
A building owner paying for a maintenance contract is out of his/her mind to try to work on the equipment. Just wait till you are in front of lawyer asking you what makes you qualified to perform this work? Now Jim Bob owns your building.



   
ReplyQuote
 tony
(@tony)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Temp solution ..still an issue there ...



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top