Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

OTIS 211 Car Calls:

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,121 Views
(@Flakes427)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38743]
Hello,

Have another good one that they seem to always want to give me. Duplex 211s sharing the same riser, both 5 stops. Car 1 in particular is giving me a headache with this very intermittent "ghost" perse. Every few trips or may last a day or so, but the car calls will completely stop working. Not necessarily drop out or when in motion, but Car when idle, will every so often not allow one to make a car call.

Reset it, put it on inspection, restore power and shes back in service. Went through all (sorry I don't have my notes in me, at the airport terminal and left the job until next week) but check DS1-DS2 I want to say, all communication or serial link comm connections and boards. Changed the RSL boards in the COP and the smaller RS14 boards below the IOB. Sent the IOB and Power Supply to Hytec and they couldnt find the issue.

Thing is racking my brain, it'll run and then boom no calls. Responds to hall calls, but no car calls until reset.

Visually inspected traveler and all looks and I say look fine, but at this point I'm a little lost.

I even replaced buttons thinking one could be somehow messing with the data / com.

1. Always at the 1st floor is where is will do it. So yes guess that's some sort of clue

2. Anyone think the selector or bottom floor magnet can be f..... me, would that cause the car calls to drop out.

3. With the blue tool, how exactly can I make car calls? I have some literature a d binder about 400 pages to read through for these 211s, but any quick clues.

I appreciate any help. Usually these cars run like tanks, we'll from all my yeasts working with and around them, never seen something like this though.



   
Quote
(@Local8Elev8rman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
M-1-1-1 you view the status of the car and can enter car calls.
In that screen also look at the state the car is in is it NAV, NOR, ISC?
I doubt a selector magnet but stranger things have happened.
Is this a MOD or new install will make a difference for addressing I/O's?
You can look at the I/O's on the car link M-1-2-1 but you'll need the address of the COP board on the print to see the inputs for the calls.
Hopefully this helps and gets some more info to help TS.
LMK if you need any more help or docs?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Flakes427)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hey Local8, think this was a new install.

Will do, when I get back in town next week, I'll dive into it and let you know where we stand



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top