Elevator Forum

Old Tandem Gear Oti...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Old Tandem Gear Otis Drum Machines

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,485 Views
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#723]
I still have to get pics,but does anyone still repair these old guys!



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The last one I saw was in 1989-we re-roped it. It had one combined shackel with a 1" and two 5/8" ropes in one basket on the crosshead. The machine was massive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@halfpick)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
They are pretty massive. It's a group of 4 and this machine gears are pretty worn. I'll try to get some pics up this week.



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the car speed? What is the pit depth?



   
ReplyQuote
(@shooter411)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I repaired oneof those beasts in 1980. we repoured the babbit bearings and reset the worm and ring[s] gear mesh using bluing. we used fullers earth and water to pack around the bearing gland so the babbit would not run out. that was a very interesting job. Take an act of congress to be able to pour babbit now days. at least at my company.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top