Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Northern Map Tool

12 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
19.2 K Views
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3933]
Hey yall-I find myself in the market for a Northern Map Tool. I was wondering if anybody knew of a source other than TKE for this.



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not that I know of....
When looking at this kind of stuff, you have to remember that competitors spend a lot of time and money for reverse engineering, and legal challenges. Just not enough units of this stuff, installed to get a bang for the buck...



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I had a Map Tool when I worked for K-Ive been at O for about 9 years and we picked up some of the units I had when I was in maintenance at K. Of course being the honest sort I gave the Map Tool back to K when I left them



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
E311, I've got an extra EZ scan tool if that would help. You would need to call Northern tech support and get the code for each job, but that doesnt cost anything but a phone call. I would be willing to lend it to you if it would help.

Johnny



   
ReplyQuote
 Jim
(@Jim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Ez scans are job specific, even if you have the 4 digit code. Same with the non proprietary map tool that can be found under the ppu cover on car top. When i worked for TKE our map tools had to go back in every so many plug-ins for a recharge as well.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used this ez scan on several northern hydros and although I have had to get the 4 digit code from northern tech support, I have had no problem using the tool. I have never had a map tool, so I am not aware of its usage.



   
ReplyQuote
(@fr33kachu)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know where there is a northern map tool for sale with books and all.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
and when it needs refreshing?



   
ReplyQuote
(@fr33kachu)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure. It's not mine, I just know someone that has one for sale.. ill pm u his email addie



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Shoot me a PM also



   
ReplyQuote
(@Ottawa613)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Anyone have a norther map tool manual?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Wispaflex215)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I could use the tool and the manual as well.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top