Elevator Forum

Normic 3200 w/ Quan...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Normic 3200 w/ Quantum Drive Vibration

20 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
18.6 K Views
(@rollaway-up)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
It is a TKE pedestal machine with a sheave jammer installed in 2003.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
the crosshead mounted encoder is the position encoder. the velocity encoder will be in the machine room, either mounted on the end of the motor, or driven by a friction wheel on the driver. at least that's the way I have always seen them.



   
ReplyQuote
(@rollaway-up)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
i put 500lbs in the car and vibration went away. when car is empty at bottom floor loadweigher says 0 but at top floor its says 38 percent. Makes sense if it thinks the car is heavy its not going to be trying too hard to slow it down. I also found the shackles appeared twisted (according to the antispin cable) and one was touching the crosshead so i reset them back which did cause a change in the loadweigher. its a thyssen loadweigher and i spent all day trying to adjust it but I dont have an IMS fast to verify count. Going to put balance load in tomorrow and measure current/attempt to adjust loadweigher. Is it possible i have a bad transducer or loadweigher board?



   
ReplyQuote
(@rollaway-up)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I replaced the capacitors in the drive and that solved the problem. I believe this is a TAC50 Drive. All vibration and rope slip went away. After testing the old caps I found 2 were not charging when polarity is reversed. Now she runs great.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Nice job troubleshooting.



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top