Elevator Forum

Mysterious issue wi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Mysterious issue with 3-Landing Inclinator

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,600 Views
(@Stefan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38919]
My 1989 vintage relay-based Inclinator of America elevator has a mysterious problem. This is a 3-landing automatic elevator.

The problem:

The car is on the 3rd floor. I call the elevator from the 1st floor. The elevator moves to the 2nd floor and stops there. When I press the call button at the first floor again, I hear relay chatter [a relay seems to go back and forth at a high frequency]. When I go to the 2nd floor, I can open the door and access the car (in other words, the elevator behaved as if I had pressed the 2nd floor button).

Any ideas what may be wrong? Happy to compensate for your response that leads to resolution of this mystery.

Thank you for reading. Feel free to email me at [email protected] or call at 650-888-2656.

Stefan



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The door opening with it at 2 is normal. Inclinator used a second contact to give the lock a ground (allow it to open). Probably a bad relay in controller



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stefan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you! You gave me a very helpful hint. I sprayed the relay with contact spray to clean the contacts, since this relay was not encapsulated. That fixed it! -- Would like to send you a token of appreciation. Could be via Zelle, or a gift card, or sending a check by mail. Your choice.

- Stefan



   
ReplyQuote
(@L1FT5.4ND.M0R3)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Definitely a relay. I fought this same issue for weeks, buddy of mine found the culprit.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Stefan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you, L1FT5!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top