Elevator Forum

Montgomery selector...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Montgomery selector cable

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,299 Views
 Joey
(@Joey)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#35461]
Does anyone know if the old drum type selectors on Montgomery relay logic cars typically used 1/8" cable? Or maybe 3/16"?



   
Quote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They used 1/8 inch, we always called it airplane cable when we ordered it from spares.



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I would order it from spares or at least check into it from them.

Dover composites used a 1/8" wire rope for their selectors. I seen one job that the original rope was replaced then had to be replaced every 6 months or so, wires breaking and birds nesting. I talked to an old TK guy who said Dover used a special rope. Not sure what exactly is different. The commercially available "hardware store" 1/8" aircraft cable is identical enough and works for a bit. If that composite needs rope again I'll be ordering it from VE



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top