Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
03/08/2016 8:17 am
This isn't the first time I have struggled with one of these controllers. Our company Kone tool does not support them so I'm mostly guessing, I just wanted to see if the solution jumps out at someone.
It's a 2 stop front and rear, bottom floor is the front and top floor is the rear. When it runs to the top floor, the doors open. Half the time they open wait for door time, close and it continues to run. But the other times they either close immediately after reaching full open or don't quite get full open, then close and the car is out of service. No car calls, no hall calls until inspect or power is cycled.
When I got there it was stopping 3" low and doing this, the level up switch was stuck, I replaced it but it does the same thing only at floor level.
It's a 2 stop front and rear, bottom floor is the front and top floor is the rear. When it runs to the top floor, the doors open. Half the time they open wait for door time, close and it continues to run. But the other times they either close immediately after reaching full open or don't quite get full open, then close and the car is out of service. No car calls, no hall calls until inspect or power is cycled.
When I got there it was stopping 3" low and doing this, the level up switch was stuck, I replaced it but it does the same thing only at floor level.
Any thoughts appreciated.
03/08/2016 8:22 pm
Yikes! no tool plus SL = grope city. One thing you can look at are the leveling sensors. there are 4 sensors. the car is at floor when the top and bottom are off and the middle 2 are on. a number of times I have fixed a floor level problem by adding duct tape to the top and bottom of the leveling magnets. It was like the surrounding surface became magnetized and the sensors would it pick up and throw off the floor level.
13/12/2017 6:26 am
Anybody know the outcome of this?
We have one now that is down and our tool will not communicate also. We went to another one that we have and our tool will not communicate with it. Got a friend that is going to loan us the original Montgomry tool tomorrow,going to try that. We suspect the relay pilot board, but want to make sure before we throw that much money at it. Spares told us today that the cop board is obsolete and no replacement is available.
Topic starter
13/12/2017 7:19 am
I was working out of town and never got to go back but I was told it was a loose wire on the float switch.