Elevator Forum

Miprom 21 Service T...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Miprom 21 Service Tool

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.2 K Views
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9800]
Hi everyone-

Question is- how does the Freedomware tool for Miprom from World Electronics compare to the KONE tool for Miprom?

I know that if you have any shutdowns that are not simple to fix that it is good to have the tool. Any suggestions on what the right tool to buy for Miprom 21 is? Any experience with KONE tool or the World Electronics (Freedomware Tool)?
The cost difference is substantial and I want to make sure I get the right tool. Any advice or feedback is much appreciated...

Thanks!



   
Quote
(@Robert)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
World Electronics tool is suitable for trouble shooting not what a adjuster would like to have



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have used the World freedom tool for many years now, and it always works great, I also have a Kone tool, It is nice not to have to boot up your computer, but other then that they do the exact same job. Not sure what part of the country you are in, but if you get the Kone tool, you will need to know the password for each part of the country, and county for that matter, here in southern California, there are 4 different passwords for the controller. I forgot about this, when i brought only my hand held kone unit to a job, and could not use it because i did not have the password, had to drive to get my world tool, and plug it in and then wrote down the available passwords for southern california. As far as the interface is concerned, they are really similar,

If you are interested in a World tool, I have the latest USB version, it is only a few years old, like new. I would be willing to sell it to you at a great price. PM me if your interested.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorpat)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for all the information....we are getting some software from KONE Spares/Cetek. We have a 3 car group running off of 2 risers right now. We are changing some software to turn it into a duplex and simplex with obviously 1 riser for simplex and 1 riser for duplex.

Think the World Freedom tool is capable of ensuring this change goes smoothly?

Vatorgator, will PM you now....

Thanks,



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vatorgator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I don't see why not, if you would like to be sure, you could just call world electronics, and ask to talk to one of the guys about the freedom tool. they are real nice, and would answer any questions you may have, i think Andy is the guy i usually talk to. i replied to your pm also



   
ReplyQuote
(@N.W.GUY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I've used both, and if you have the extra money, get the Kone service tool. The world tool has some bugs, I've had problems with accessing certain parameters and setting the time and date. plus your have to wait for your pc to boot up. Get the Kone right service tool.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top