Has anyone had a simulacrum issue?
I've megged the motor.
Checked the motor and brake wiring.
Checked the PM and BR contractors.
Rang out the brake circuit.
Checked the rail guides.
Checked the hoist machine and defector sheave bearings for heat or noise.
Checked my running amps in both directions.
I know you said you checked it though
Building taking a power hit??
Emergency generator???
Bad BD relay?
I'm babysitting the unit for the second day. Wahoo!
Postal, I was able to see all 3 phases before trying to check the brake. That was my initial thought as well. Great minds think alike. đ
Sccjr, I lifted B1 and boy does it seen familiar... I'm replacing all of the aux contacts tomorrow after I pick them up. They are showing signs of wear.
Always great advise not to trust the ohm (continuity) readings of a meter. I prefer reading voltage myself. Checking the voltage drop has served me well.
Galaxy, I'll check it out thanks...
Turned out to be the BR relay. #3 BR contact in the brake coil circuit would fail with no pattern or rhythm. Some times it would be weeks before it would fail. Finally I pulled the relay off the controller and opened the coil & armature up. When I did some debris fell and hit my foot. Looking at the contacts there is some burn. But there is a needle like tip formed on the contact. As if the contact metal heated up and was drawn the follow the arch across the contacts. I'll post a picture if I can figure out how.
Thanks again Brett for you suggestions. Your a good Mate...