We have them on Dover HD, Westinghouse coffin and GAL applications. Wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the product.
Anyone have ideas on other manufactures that do a similar retrofit kit?
Have you done this? I have been thinking about this exact thing, I actually called GAL and discussed with one of there engineers. I think I may get the parts and attempt this. GAL is releasing a harmonic door operator retro fit kit soon to do this also. I just would rather keep the HD hardware and retro fit the motor and drive system.
The other solution from TKE/VE & Wittur is the Drive Only LD-16. Pros: You can retain all cabin door hardware except operator (to be replaced w/linear). Uses door plug contact instead of gate switch. Cons: No cabin door lock (still requirs sheet metal between floors).
Also: Parts available from multiple vendors (KONE, TK/VE, & Wittur)
Links.
https://verticalxpress.com/media/do...
https:/
A cheaper alternative would be to get an IPC D3000 board and wire it into the Miami HD op. Old motor can be reused (DC only), or replaced with comparable.
https:/
Since the new drive is physically limitless, just like SmarTraq, you can even put it on older GAL products, without replacing mechanical HW. You could put it on an old QKS-14/15 or 895/1000/MAC M series if you'd like. The controller can be mounted anywhere. If would would like to upgrade anything older, you could even do an old MOD, MOM, MOH, or even older MODP/AP or Dupar (more ore oil buffer).