Elevator Forum

MCE Motor Field For...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MCE Motor Field Forcing Timeout

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,920 Views
(@Flamup1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#10272]
Does anyone know a good deal about MCE?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have read relating posts with no concrete answer.

The fault is fairly intermittent in a 35 stop building with high amount of traffic. The fault occurs once a month on the same lift each time.
The fault logged on the iview pc is motor field forcing timeout, the manual says this has to do with door obstructions. Each time the fault occurs we have no proof if the lift is being held by removalists or passengers. Is there anyway of stopping the motor field from engaging until the doors are fully closed?



   
Quote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Car wants to run but cannot cause of something missing a limit, the reversal device may be hung and the car does not run until they nudged out and the unit shuts down due to it. Is the car at the same floor when the happens? Ive had issues where the pecker head every now and then would hang up on the back of the interlock box. Car would see the close limit but not the interlocks. Last thing I would do before I start changing parameters would check those things. At one time the car would run find with those parameters so what has changed?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Silly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Agree with sbrmilitia, big question is if it is at the same floor. The problem I remember last was the close limit was acting up, would see the interlocks, but no close limit, thinking door obstruction and shut down. The MCE's I have worked on all had GAL operators, so should be real easy to see if the close limit is just on the hairy edge.



   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: sbrmilitia
Car wants to run but cannot cause of something missing a limit, the reversal device may be hung and the car does not run until they nudged out and the unit shuts down due to it. Is the car at the same floor when the happens? Ive had issues where the pecker head every now and then would hang up on the back of the interlock box. Car would see the close limit but not the interlocks. Last thing I would do before I start changing parameters would check those things. At one time the car would run find with those parameters so what has changed?

wow I should proofread my posts........



   
ReplyQuote
(@dumpc)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you have a G.A.L. MOVFR check the DPM cam and make sure it is fully engaging every time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Flamup1)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi, Thanks for the info. I will head out to the job today and check the door limits.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top