Elevator Forum

MCE, IMC randomly l...
 
Notifications
Clear all

MCE, IMC randomly latches car calls

24 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
41.2 K Views
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hopefully the 3 phase feeds for each controller come off of the same switch gear. Each controller will use a main transformer supplied buy its individual 3 phase disconnect. This controller transformer will typically take two legs of the 3 phase and convert that voltage to 120VAC for controller voltage. If one elevator is utilizing say, phase #1 and phase #2 of the 3 phase power supply, and the next elevator is utilizing phase #2 and phase #3 for its power supply, you now have a difference of potential between these two controllers. When these two controllers are connected via group connections, you have a doubling of voltage between the shared circuits.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted By: E311
Hopefully the 3 phase feeds for each controller come off of the same switch gear. Each controller will use a main transformer supplied buy its individual 3 phase disconnect. This controller transformer will typically take two legs of the 3 phase and convert that voltage to 120VAC for controller voltage. If one elevator is utilizing say, phase #1 and phase #2 of the 3 phase power supply, and the next elevator is utilizing phase #2 and phase #3 for its power supply, you now have a difference of potential between these two controllers. When these two controllers are connected via group connections, you have a doubling of voltage between the shared circuits.

Ah thanks mate now I understand what you meant. This is why I haven't come across this as, most of the time if you use a 3 phase step down transformer(ie you use the 3 legs), which we always do, you don't have these issues. Cheers mate.

Last edited by uppo72; 07/05/14 01:36 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
NewMech,

Thanks for keeping us posted. Please let us know how you make out on Monday...

Go Nationals!

Last edited by jkh; 07/05/14 02:50 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So...........stopped by the shop and ordered the MCCGDP board as well as replacement ribbon cables, then headed to the job.

Before I changed any wires around I double checked my voltage controller to controller, the cars are in phase without having moved any wires. Don't know what the hell is going on.

Boards should be here tomorrow, before changing them out I'll check the controllers for correct phasing. Around the lunch table we came to the conclusion that there is a building power problem.



   
ReplyQuote
(@N.W.GUY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I'd disable the security and see if it still happens. It's odd that it only happens on the secured floors.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I haven't been back to the job, the shop has been slow ordering parts. Will post any findings when I return.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I kept referring to the board as an "MCC-GDP", it is actually called an "MCC-CGP" board. Either way, I changed the board yesterday and it didn't fix my issue. Controller power supplies measure in phase, I am out of ideas.



   
ReplyQuote
(@uppo72)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the MCC_CGP pcb? Is this the main pcb for the SLC(single lift computer). From what you have said, you have isolated the calls from the from the shaft so to me it can only be the SLC that is generating these calls. Have you disconnected the complete chain that goes down to the car calls? If not I would completely disconnect any and all down chain equipment (for the calls) so as really know where this is coming from, and see if these calls come in again. Then you can go back to the manufacturer with more info on the how it all works software/hardware etc.



   
ReplyQuote
(@NewMech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I think its fixed.

I changed all ribbon cables with no effect on my problem, so I called MCE again. The troubleshooter had me check for a loss of communication on the swing panel of the group controller, turns out I was in fact losing communication.

MCE has two different types of "receiver-driver" chips on their communication (RS?) boards. Looks like the problem car and the dispatcher have the weak version of this chip and my nice elevator has the good version of this chip.

To eliminate communication loss, there are two jumpers on each communication board; they take a resistor to ground at the end of the communication link. I moved the jumpers on both cars, my communication is now good and my problem disappeared.

So, I ordered new chips for both cars (a few bucks a piece).

Last edited by NewMech; 07/29/14 03:01 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top