I’ve been trying to do an encoder alignment and during the procedure the rotor moves but faults out with RTR NOT ALIGN and MOTOR PHASE FAULT. Followed all the recommendations and nothing including swapping phases, swapping channels, performing alternative alignment methods and nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Also you can't just swap phases with PM motors. You'd have to do that in a drive setting to reverse direction. I'd put everything back where it was per the prints. Sounds like the rotor not align and motor phase faults are symptoms of it not completing the encoder alignment
Are you sure both brakes are lifting fully? Is the encoder cable ran in its own conduit? Possibly a loose encoder connection? It could be a bad part too.
Not sure if it matters much but I'd done a motor auto tune before aligning the encoder also.
Another thing you could try as a last resort would be to go to the U menu and enable encoder alignment then go left or right to the adjust menu and manually change the encoder offset number from what it is after the auto align method. It was roughly 580 after autalign on my car and after the successful open loop alignment it was around 365 just to give you an idea. I doubt that would be the most accurate though.
So here is the procedure if this don’t work for you I’ve listed everything we did and what results it yielded.
Encoder change = no improvement
Encoder cable change = no improvement
Changed Endat card = no improvement
Swapped A & A- channels = no improvement
Swapped motor leads = no improvement
This is what worked
Put tension on rotor using chainfall and strap, performed AutoAlign U10 also changed A1 interia to 1.00 from 2.00 (read in the book this would make the shakes less violent) = no more violent shake
Now we tried running and got Encoder Fault (ENCODER FLT) we swapped 2 motor leads = Good! Finally moving no faults in opposite direction.
Changed direction on C1 Motor Rotation: success!
Conclusion when performing auto align and nothing is working out tension(LOAD) on the sheave do an auto align not Open Loop.
I have another job with all of the normal size Torin gearless machines that have the disk brakes, one normal and one the ebrake, model TGL2A machines. These cars have F5 drives but KEB is similar they also have a unroped open loop alignment method and roped stationary alignment method. On these cars I've had no problem at all doing a stationary alignment with an empty unbalanced car. I've never tried the other way on these.