Elevator Forum

leland ohio electri...
 
Notifications
Clear all

leland ohio electric elevator questions

13 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,891 Views
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31851]
Working on an old inclinator 2 person residential elevator near Philadelphia. Seems to track well and correctly stops at each floor but emits a very large noise. Motor appears fine. I suspect the fluid reservoir needs filling, and, sure enough, it appears empty. What would be the correct oil to put in?
Also, the casement gearing is empty. This is the part which connects from the motor to the elevator spindles. Should the same oil be used?



   
Quote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Not sure of the type of driving machine/pump you’re describing.
Without a better understanding it’s tough to give a direction.
By chance are you a certified elevator maintenance tech?



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
no this is in an old home from the turn of the century I am living in and restoring. It is actually a local landmark with famous home and garden architects. So, we are working on this more as a curiosity than as a certified repairer. I'm trying to upload a picture so everyone can see it. It's very old but a work of art.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
“Curiosity killed the cat”.

Sir, tinkering with any non functioning conveyance is not a task for the untrained. Unintended motion or quite simply getting oneself wrapped up in a machine that doesn’t care about you is dangerous and it does happen, even with experienced trade journeymen.

I understand your desire regarding a “landmark” property, but the owner of the property is liable personally if someone gets injured on an elevator you repaired/worked on or modified etc.

For the sake of the “landmark turn of the century home”, get that conveyance properly repaired by a licensed company as its money well spent.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with elmcannic. We aren't trying to be rude or a prude. Elevator and escalator repair is very specialized and very dangerous.



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Couldn't agree more and welcome your comments. So, who in the Philadelphia area should I hire? Anyone local?



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Oh and I do own the property. It's one of the old Campbell Soup family estates(of which there are several others in the area). 1916 vintage and very well constructed.



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You might be able to get say three reputable licensed repair companies to give you an estimate. Most likely based on time spent, but not exceed a $ number agreed upon between you and the contractor. It might be simple, or it could be a bit more complex. However, it’s the lift is going to used by by the public..,at all, an inspection by the jurisdictional authority (elevator safety inspection) may be in order as well. At that point you’ll learn more about what needs to be done to achieve your goal regarding this lift.
Hope it works out well for you. By the way, is this landmark viewable on an internet search? Sounds interesting.



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I have a fantastic picture of it but can't figure out how to post it. It's absolutely spectacular and I will do so if someone can guide me the the correct procedure. I did send a request for guidance to the mods but no reply.



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
it's called attachment manager but I cant find.



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
ok I found attachment manager now trying to upload a jpg file.
Attachments
laurier at night.jpg (349.59 KB, 19 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
(@arbcon)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I did it!



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Very nice.
Now that you know how to post pictures, get your drone up in the air and let’s see the daytime aerial views!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top