Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
25/02/2013 11:02 am
I have 6 Fujitec Elevators with the same machines. They all leak badly from the sheave shaft seal. Has anyone had to replace this seal and how much of a pain is it to replace?
25/02/2013 11:21 am
I suggest trying Mike Spataro @ Titan Machine (718)361-9718. Sorry I've never worked on their equipment.
26/02/2013 6:21 am
Titan is the place to go. Those seals on the sheave shaft are leakers-when you grease the torque tube make sure to pull out the bleeding allen plugs or the pressure from the grease gun will eventually blow out the seals.
Topic starter
26/02/2013 9:19 am
Thanks, I'll get with Titan on these.
26/02/2013 11:07 am
Are they AC geared machines? One of our garages in my complex has the original fuji equiptment in it. Tons of ice cube relays, no relevels very hard stops on the brake, and the wild noise from the AC motors on take off and slow down, very interesting. Good running stuff Ive yet to have to take a call back during the evening when I cover the whole complex glad these things arent on my route.
12/05/2013 9:43 pm
They are not hard to replace at all, but will always leak no matter what. We usually use blue gasket seal on all the machined parts. There should be a a small hole on the bottom of the cover that goes over the shaft that usually gets clogged up which prevents the excess grease from going back into the machine .
12/05/2013 11:42 pm
Bars-leak nah just kidding on that one