Elevator Forum

Kone LCE Hypertermi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone LCE Hyperterminal

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,695 Views
 Dano
(@Dano)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37127]
I've heard for years now that it's possible to hyperterminal into a KCM831 controller, but there appears to be virtually no documentation out there on this, and even talking to several Kone mechanics, they don't seem to have any idea what hyperterminal even is.

I have one document, that has partial information - it starts in the middle of a description and seems like its the middle of the document. If anyone has any advice, or better yet, instructional documentation - please PM me!

Would be really nice to save all the parameters on my computer instead of trying to write each one down one by own whenever i get a new one on maintenance.



   
Quote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have some stuff I’ll send you



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I’d love to check it out to Indirtwetrust if you don’t mind?



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Me too indirtwetrust. Thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would it be possible to get a copy also indirtwetrust? Thank you



   
ReplyQuote
(@David Seaman)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello, Could I also get a copy for using Hyperterminal with Kone LCE, would like to copy parameters.
Does anyone had tried using Putty instead of Hyperterminal ?

Last edited by David Seaman; 06/02/24 10:00 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@wikilift)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello, what I had heard was that now you could access a web server that was set up internally through duplex. If you have documentation I would be very grateful if you could send it to me by PM.



   
ReplyQuote
(@TheElevatorGuy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hyperterminal was a 3rd party terminal emulator originally packaged with Windows 95. I expect that many younger mechanics weren't even alive when it was released! Microsoft continued bundling it with Windows versions up to and including Windows XP.

It is still available from the original company that wrote it.

https://www.hilgraeve.com/products/

There are many other free and commercial terminal emulators out there, but if the Kone LCE interface made use of Hyperterminal macros (scripts), then they would have to be ported to one of those other programs.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top