Elevator Forum

Kone Kmc831 drive i...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone Kmc831 drive issues, fault 108

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
4,725 Views
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38327]
I have a Kone Kmc831 monospace with a MX-10 machine with a V3F25 drive. I performed an unintended movement test at the bottom floor to test the emergency brake, upon returning the car to normal the car came to the top floor and opened the doors. The car now struggles to move in the down direction and faults out with a 108 fault. I can barely get the car to run down on inspection, it has a lot of vibration. I was able to eliminate anything mechanical, the safeties are not dragging, the rails are lubricated and both of the brakes are picking. I swapped the tach out with another car, checked the drive parameters and compared them to another drive with the same specs, the paramaters were basically the same. I checked the contactors also, is there anything else that I am missing or should be checking?



   
Quote
(@VTR Tech)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
What is the fault 108 sub code? Any other faults? Speed of the elevator? How old is the unit? I'm guessing probably 10-15 year range. We had a lot of issues with older v3f drives as they age. You may have to retrofit a kdl16 drive. Check tach / resolver wheel and sheave surface for crud buildup. Also gov tach if you have one. The vibration makes me suspect one of your brakes may be dragging or loadweigher or rope tension may not be correct. Check 5 - 1 for current loadweigher %. Empty car should be 0 or close to it.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vsec
(@Vsec)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Afternoon,

Thank you for the response,

I am getting a 108 fault with sub code 2009, when it faults that is the only code. The car is 150fpm, 4000 pounds and was installed around 201. I had weights delivered today to setup/test the loadweigher, after calibrating the loadweigher, it reads zero with no load in the car and 48 with 50 percent in the car. The car still trips with 108 fault with no load in the car. I decided to put 50 percent of the weight in the car and the car started running in both direction on inspection and automatic with no problem. It starts tripping again if I only have 25 percent of the weights installed. Is there any adjustments in the parameters that I am possibly missing or should check before I deem the drive to be the issue?



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
108-2009 = Torque feedforwards are not tuned, torque limit is too low, speed controller is not tuned, problem with motor speed feedback or wrong system parametrization.



   
ReplyQuote
(@john jay)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just a FYI, I had a 108 giving me fits, finally found a loose conncetion on the encoder shield ground wire.

Last edited by john jay; 10/08/24 12:07 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@jasonli)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello, If you have demand for V3f16L, KDL16L, DDL16S,KDL16R drivers, fresh new, appreciate contact me by [email protected]. Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top