Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
24/01/2018 2:16 am
Hello everyone. Another Kone question. I have a unit that is slow to pick up the e brake causing intermittent issues on takeoff. For now I'll leave the faults out of it as I believe they are standard if the brake doesn't pick. On the adon 2 I get my e brake command from cpu as well as k464 relays on, but e brake command(adon) doesn't come on right away like it should. Which is the power for the brake module to pick the brake. This is consistent for each run as well as on inspection while pressing just a direction to pick the e brake only. I have swapped the adon out. Swapped brake modules just in case and no change. So far the only thing I have found is incoming power pushing 500vac while my transformer is for 480vac. Pushing all my voltages on the lce-rec high. Unable to change at this time( no taps). Any ideas are appreciated. Possible cpu change out? Not wanted due to older So I and would to be upgraded to the kcp version. Thanks Mike
26/01/2018 12:14 am
I would go over the e brake itself. Check for proper gaps. Possible mechanical binding of the brake. Center washer should have play in it. Brake micro is picking up properly and dropping out properly.
26/01/2018 1:03 am
swap the main and e-brake modules, and see if the problem is the module itself.
Topic starter
26/01/2018 1:05 am
Thanks for the reply Nor can. Physically and electrically the e brake is picking like it should. It's the actual command from the adon board into the brake module that is getting delayed by a half second. Which in realtime causes the main brake to be picked a hair before the emergency.
Topic starter
26/01/2018 1:06 am
Hi John. I did already try that and the same issue occurs. Thanks for the idea though
26/01/2018 2:38 am
Have you checked the voltages at the cable XD1 and XD2 where they go into the E Brake Module at XB1 and XB2? Or checked the ribbon cable for continuity.
26/01/2018 2:40 am
Also the XB2 and the XEB2 Ribbons.