Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
06/08/2015 10:16 am
I responded to a shutdown this morning and found the car at the top landing. Hall calls and car calls latch, doors close but the elevator does not move. Went to the control room, there are no faults. I put the car on inspection and tried to run it down. My locks, gate, safety and direction inputs go high when I try to run in the down direction but the car does not move, I do not get the main contactor to pick. The car does run in the up direction so I am assuming it is the down normal limit that is bad. I didn't find any normal limit switches in the shaftway. Are the normals virtual? Anyone have any advice?
06/08/2015 10:54 am
Does it have a down directional limit? Maybe open not allowing it to run down. Not familiar with this system but have had it on Otis and TK systems. Both times it was the inspection down direction limit.
06/08/2015 1:36 pm
Directional limits are in the form of cigar switches mounted to the cab and the magnets are on the rail. The limits plug into the cartop box.
Topic starter
06/08/2015 7:28 pm
Do you happen to know the jump #'s for the down direction limit on the KCM. There are no job prints and I can't access the top of car without moving it down first. Any help is greatly appreciated.
08/08/2015 4:22 am
My guess is a bad HAS BOARD. Kinda need a second set of eyes to see when you turn the key that your getting your door locks. Access is set up as a virtual hoist way . I've had this before , where hall call is lit and the car is there. New HAS board followed by a 5-7-1 LON download, then pull the disconnect.
Good luck
Good luck
08/08/2015 5:22 am
Depending on what type of unit you have, will dictate where the directional switches are located. Do you know if it's an ecospace, monospace or an mr? New or mod package? You said the main contactor doesn't pick when you attempt to run down so I can assume it's not a hydraulic.
Last edited by BRG; 08/07/15 09:23 PM.
10/08/2015 8:12 pm
Check that 77U and 77N LED's are not both active.
If both are active you will need to swipe one with bi-stable magnet to resolve issue.
If both are active you will need to swipe one with bi-stable magnet to resolve issue.
Last edited by koneisland; 08/10/15 12:13 PM.
11/08/2015 6:43 am
Go to menu 4, sub-menu 1, and see what third number is?
Should read 4-1-0
0=normal mode
1= inspection
2= drive sync. Problem
3= fire service
Should read 4-1-0
0=normal mode
1= inspection
2= drive sync. Problem
3= fire service