Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Kone HS

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,108 Views
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4338]
For a friend of mine..........

I hope all is well with you.
I was wondering if you could help me on a problem. I have a Kone HS three stop hydro. front-rear-front. They were adding on to the building and they "cut some wires to the elevator". Had to be the main line feeders because other than smoke detectors there is no wire outside the hoistway. Anyway since they did that the elevator has no hoistway lon network. They elevator will operate fine other than no hall calls. Fire recall works fine from the hall, smokes work fine. Once your in the car everything in the car works fine.

All floor control boards have the power light on and no fault lights on. I replaced all of them with new but it didn't help. The hall lights will light but go right back off after about two seconds. When I turn the power on to the controller the hoistway lon network light will turn on for about 4-5 seconds then go out.

If I unplug the CAR lon network cable, the CAR lon network light on the controller never turns on. If I unplug the hoistway lon network cable, the hoistway lon network light turns on for the 4-5 seconds then goes out. ( just like when the lon is plugged in) Don't know if thats helpful information or not.

I have 23.85 volts DC at the hoistway lon plug.

I'm lost at this point. Is there a way to test the lon with the service tool? Could it be the CPU board not seeing data from the lon?



   
Quote
(@Broke_Sheave)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The answer may lie in Elevated post about halfway down the page of this link...

the original host/forums/ubbthr...h=true#Post1893



   
ReplyQuote
(@christycollett)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Same Friend,

Hi Jim,
Still working on the hoistway lon network problem. Do you know if the hoistway lon can be turned off in the program?
Thanks,
Jeff



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top