Notifications
Clear all
13/12/2016 9:55 am
Just wondering as you're interested in KONE brake adjusting procedures..
16/12/2016 11:25 pm
I have adjusted lots of these brakes and found that if you use the brake box tool correctly you can reduce the noise of these brakes setting to almost nothing.
Set your brake pods lift to around 0.05 mm.
Set your brake pods lift to around 0.05 mm.
Last edited by koneisland; 12/16/16 03:26 PM.
17/12/2016 1:34 am
I totally agree Koneisland,properly setup they are not heard outside of the hoistway by the general public. An elevator mechanic may hear a soft clunk only because they are looking for it. If you hear a loud Brake, it needs adjustment. The distance between the drum, and brake shoe is critical to cutting down the noise factor. As a FYI, it my understanding that Kone won't let their Tech's adjust the Brakes until they have been trained and certified. Anyone hear of this?
17/12/2016 5:09 am
Gabgab, send me your email address and I'll send you a copy. The adjustment and gaps for the mx10, 18 and 20 are the same. MX32, 40 and 100 are different. I have all of the literature. You can follow it and get it to work properly. The more you do, the better you get. I adjusted for kone for over 20 years, actually started with Montgomery. Yes, John Jay that is their policy. If you have not been certified by a trainer you are not suppose to work on the brake system when you're employed by kone. I was a certified trainer as well.
Topic starter
18/12/2016 2:19 am
Thank you all for your informations,
I will send that to the management of the building, can be usefull for them. For my part I gave my notice and will vacate my appartement because like you can imagine it's not very easy to live near a Kone Ecodisc with drum brake not well adjusted.
I didn't know if that the people who worked on the brake was certified but anyway they are not very efficient because the noise is still here and it increase. And the only things they said is that "it's fixed" but in fact they didn't change nothing or they said "that is the normal noise of the brake".
Page 2 / 2
Prev