Elevator Forum

Kone Eco levelling ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Kone Eco levelling issues

26 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
12.4 K Views
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I had these issues in an elevator. I checked all and replaced some parts for testing before replacing the v3f16l.
I noticed that if the drive runs for just 5-10 minutes, the elevator doesn't have any problems or has but less. This might be due to the old capacitors in the v3f16l.
I would recommend replacing the drive for testing purposes. Find another v3f16l and try it in the elevator.



   
ReplyQuote
(@paulwato)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Hi, Yeah its definitely not the drive, its been checked by a drive specialist on there test rig, we sent it for refurbishment as the first option when changing the proxi switches didn't work, and although it ran ok on the test rig i got them to replace with a service replacement drive just in case..
So its had.
New switches.
New Tacho
Refurbished drive.

Really appreciate all the help guys but as yet we have still to resolve, had an ex Kone tester on the phone yesterday but he couldn't help either !!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@paulwato)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Does anyone no how to update the firmware on these, we dont have the param 6_75 available on this firmware to allow monitoring of the drive ? if we had this may help to highlight any issues ? Clutching at straws spring to mind .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Vadim)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does the elevator car is not stuck in the guide rails?
You can’t update firmware and this drive will not have 6_75(real time monitor). Kone doesn’t support the drive anymore, the drive has short life and many problems. Instead of it they have made KDL16 and it already has real time monitor.



   
ReplyQuote
(@paulwato)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
No sticking, runs nice and smooth other than the levelling,

Yeah we new drive was not the best but we have replaced loads of these with refurbished drives before, company we use upgrade the hardware inside and we have 15 year old refurbished drives still running and to be fair this was an original we took off so that had been running for 23years without issue ...



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Even the best repair facility will miss what they can’t reproduce. Their test rig might be close enough to the load of an actual elevator to fix 99% of the problems but it’s not actually an elevator. Something is causing the problem. If there’s another elevator on the property with the same drive I would definitely try a swap. I once had the weirdest thing going on with an Otis drive. It had gone for repair twice, still did it. So early one morning I swapped it to another car and it worked fine there. Put the other car’s drive in my problem car and it worked fine too. Problem solved. It doesn’t always make sense.



   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by Indirtwetrust
Even the best repair facility will miss what they can’t reproduce. Their test rig might be close enough to the load of an actual elevator to fix 99% of the problems but it’s not actually an elevator. Something is causing the problem. If there’s another elevator on the property with the same drive I would definitely try a swap. I once had the weirdest thing going on with an Otis drive. It had gone for repair twice, still did it. So early one morning I swapped it to another car and it worked fine there. Put the other car’s drive in my problem car and it worked fine too. Problem solved. It doesn’t always make sense.

I had the same with Otis drives!



   
ReplyQuote
(@paulwato)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Cheers guys i totally get what your saying but this is not the same drive but is the same problem, like you i was sceptical of the test rig so even though they came back with an ok i still got them to send me a different drive from there refurbished stock.
Going to change load weigh device i think and set it up again with load, as although it appears ok from the LCE readings we are getting its the only part left i can think of that could cause similar issues like we are getting.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you mentioned that I didn’t notice. I’d agree the drive can be ruled out then.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those drives are obsolete and surprised they even run now… that is actually impressive



   
ReplyQuote
(@OH boy)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does that elevator have fine floor learning?
5 6 1



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top