Elevator Forum

Magnetek HPV900-401...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Magnetek HPV900-4016-E01-01 Drive

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,297 Views
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#39197]
I have a Smartrise controller down with a bad Magnetek HPV900 drive. The mod is 6 years old and I am being told the drive had been discontinued for two years now due to their components being unavailable. I'm not getting any solutions from Smartrise technical support team. Any thoughts on getting this drive repaired or installing an upgraded drive?



   
Quote
(@Hex67)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Have you tried calling Magnetek directly?



   
ReplyQuote
(@KyleElev23)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Give Access Electronics a call 301-645-1733.



   
ReplyQuote
 Msd
(@Msd)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Smartrise can sell Magnatek M1000 conversion upgrade.



   
ReplyQuote
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Attachments
IMG_9274.jpeg (232.85 KB, 30 downloads)

Last edited by wltr00; 03/19/25 06:52 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@elevatorman1966)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I heard Alpha controls have a lot of these drives in stock , maybe try them .



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you guys. Waiting for a quote from Smartrise for the M1000 conversion. I will give Alpha a call Monday morning. I appreciate your help.



   
ReplyQuote
(@BillS)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Northern drives and controls, NDC, rebuild these all the time in Dallas.
turnaround time is 7-10 days and drives come back with a 2 year warranty.

PM me for more info.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you for all the input. I installed the Magnetek M1000 drive today. It came with a new brake resistor can that was an easy swap up on top of the controller. The M1000 drive itself is smaller than the HPV900 and didn't bolt up to the existing controller rails so I had to break out the power tools. There was an encoder board that mounted on the top of the drive behind the top cover and user interface tool. Everything was pretty strait forward with the wiring and programming. I did use the new Smartrise text for support number which was pretty handy getting through a couple bugs with fairly quick replies from the technical support guys. The only things differing from the print were my a+ and a- encoder wires needed swapping and my encoder was a 1024 pps not a 2048 pps. Finally got it running up and down on inspection ok but then started smelling a funny smell and getting a brake pick switch fault. Welp, brake pick voltage was good but brake hold voltage went to 0 pretty quick. I got a brake board ordered next day air but their parts department closed 2 minutes before I needed it so maybe I'll get it Tuesday. Lol. The new drive was cheaper than getting the old one repaired. I'm hoping it lasts longer than 6 years but I doubt it. This is the stuff I live for. Lol. Hope everyone has a nice weekend. Finally warming up here. I haven't wore a hoody in two day although there was a skiff of snow on the ground this morning.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top