Elevator Forum

KONE AMD 10 Drive B...
 
Notifications
Clear all

KONE AMD 10 Drive Board

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,875 Views
 Chum
(@Chum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38850]
We have a KONE AMD 10 Drive board that keeps blowing the 5 amp fuse when power is plugged in. We have all other connections removed to isolate the problem. A new board is on order, but now the car next to it has the same issue. A second board is now on order. Has anyone seen this problem with the AMD 10? Is there a component on the board that is known to cause this that we could replace? The job has been running for a few years without issue.

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated.



   
Quote
(@project.elevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
yes, there is a protection diode that causing this problem, easy to repair.
If you send me the picture of the PCB, I can circle it for you.



   
ReplyQuote
 Chum
(@Chum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
https://share.icloud.com/photos/063wPR1c0LhrTMWOElwzmjXYw

Here’s the board - for anyone that’s curious.



   
ReplyQuote
 MX4
(@MX4)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Can you show me please?



   
ReplyQuote
(@dshery)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have the same problem. Can you tell me which component is damaged?



   
ReplyQuote
 Chum
(@Chum)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Still waiting to hear back from project.elevator. I tested the diode networks that I thought would be the issue but they were good. I'm curious to see if they point out a different component.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top