Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
23/04/2013 10:52 am
Anyone know of a KEB VVVF drive repair facility in San Diego or LA. I know we can send it to MCE but looking for a faster turnaround.
25/04/2013 1:21 pm
I'd order the parts and rebuild it yourself. Smartrise can get you keb parts too.
25/04/2013 7:06 pm
I've had 4 MCE's with KEB drives that are less than 10 years old that have had the drive power supply go bad. MCE and KEB replaced the drives under warantee, the last one was about a year ago. Turnaround was less than a week in each case.
27/04/2013 9:42 am
Galaxy, you're correct about these KEB drives from MCE. It's a good idea to get these changed out if they are under warranty because typically they fail when powered down for service. Then when you power back up the drive is completely dead(no display).
Think about a power outage in a 6 car group and none of the cars come back up because of all of their drive's power supplies are NFG. This will motivate you to call Motion and see if your drives are under warranty.