Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

KCM 831 Hydro

33 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
68.5 K Views
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Awesome job and post Vic, I enjoyed reading them in both forums!



   
ReplyQuote
(@dsmithelev)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the input Vic. I am pulling the motor today. Was the bearing replacement of MX 20 done by a motor shop and was it straight forward? Where they able to get correct bearings or did you get them from Kone Spares?



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
The motor shop had to get the bearings from Europe. At least that's what they told me. You know how it is, everybody circles the wagons, and sits on information, so as to protect their business interests. I've got the old bearings still. When I get back, I'll dig for the source. It'll be a few days, as I'm out of town.

They had to make a custom puller, to pull the rotor straight up and out of the stator housing. The neo-dymium boron-oxide magnets are very sensitive to heat, and impacts. Brittle stuff. And very powerful, don't get pinched, would be a real bad day...

The puller was just some flat plate, with holes on the periphery to bolt to the rotor, and a hole in the center for an eye-bolt. Just iron mongery. Have torch, will travel, no problem. They bolted the stator down to secure it, then lifted the rotor straight up with the shop crane. Make sure a keeper of some sort is put on the magnets. They used some banding iron.....

You can't test the rewind on 60 cycles!
You can't even test it on a VVVF drive! (according to the motor shop)

It operates like a big stepping motor. If I understand it right, the V3F25 drive uses the resolver angular input to determine the degree of rotation of the rotor, and it energizes the 3-phase windings accordingly. It applies like more of a "pulse", rather than a sine wave. Even the negative side is sort of a minus DC pulse, and not a curve. Well, I dont have this on "good authority", it's someones' opinion. I don't know as much about motors as this guy, so I'm inclined to believe him. If I have more time, I'll study the motor waveform with the o'scope.

So before we re-installed it, we tested it right in the bed of the truck on inspection speed, with 3 phase extension cables, resolver cable, and we had to jump out a bunch of stuff on the control. It ran on inspection speed, so we felt confident to rig it back into place.

Last edited by Vic; 10/25/12 09:46 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
Page 3 / 3
Share:
Scroll to Top