Elevator Forum

In-car video displa...
 
Notifications
Clear all

In-car video display

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,468 Views
(@GreenPants)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#9446]
Anyone installed a system that is actually clear video over shielded twisted pair? I have 2 buildings in town that are looking to update their system. Both are older systems and about 430 ft rise and the video is very fuzzy or nonexistent now. I would like to avoid pulling in solid coax travelers, they don't last. The CE Elite PI looks promising, but no one in town has experience with them.



   
Quote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have 10 Elite PI in a building , not a bad product
Building usually gets mad at there receptionist for some reason and fires her
Then hires another ditz , then the training starts all over again . A lot of trouble can be caused by who designs the screen programs for the building.

They did not choose to run video , just "tiles" or individual pictures that scroll

We have another building that chose Janus(?) car station I think T1000-2000(?) all touch screen car station with live video feed embedded in car station .



   
ReplyQuote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
We have installed quite a few of the CE Elite PI's in my area, Ive installed some myself awhile ago. As Postal said, the biggest problem is customer turnover, there is a pretty steep learning curve. The twisted sheilded is easier to install and more reliable, but it's not as crisp as the coax. CE makes a really good product with great support.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Everyone here seems to be using wireless technology.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Postal)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
There is captivate but that's like a dad gum sales ticker bs display



   
ReplyQuote
(@traction)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
lol, I was just looking at the captivate screens we recently installed, and I have to agree. They are pretty plain jane.

They do work though.



   
ReplyQuote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vertical TV is another.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top