Elevator Forum

Hydralic Tube Sched...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Hydralic Tube Schedule 80

4 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,541 Views
 Sun
(@Sun)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31742]
I am working on a Lula quote where the machine room is around 60 feet away from the Shaft.
I will be running a 3/4" pipe schedule 80 from the machine room to the shaft.
Does anyone had any experience running hydraulic pipe that far from the shaft?
Are there any issues doing it this way and any special precaution I need to take?

I unfortunately do not that the working pressure/Static pressure yet. It is a 3 floor system with 1400lb weight.



   
Quote
(@Turbo6)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's not a long distance. Pascal's Law! Just minimize the elbows and properly mount pipe.



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I will say that if you have a long overhead pipe run with a car with a relatively low rise, I have seen issues with air getting trapped in the oil line. Some times it is necessary to add a extra bleeder somewhere in between the jack and pump unit.



   
ReplyQuote
 Sun
(@Sun)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the comments. I got some more accurate numbers

Capacity: 1400 lbs
Grossload: 3156 lbs
Travel: 183"3/4
Cylinder diameter: 4.5"
Plunger diameter: 3.54"
Working pressure: 620 psi



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top