Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
26/04/2013 10:08 pm
Ok, this is the kind of thing that really irritates me after 24+ years in this business. A two stop holeless Otis car installed with an overhead machineroom, and NO PIT SHUTOFF in the oil line, just the one at the tank outlet. How in the hell do you change packings without dumping 40 gallons of oil in the frigging pit!
27/04/2013 7:26 am
I'd drag the [censored] construction crew back there to do it. After that they will never forget to add a sshutoff again. Lol
27/04/2013 7:29 am
I'd actually put two shutoff valves. In case you ever have to pressure test the individual jacks.
27/04/2013 8:35 am
use your psi guage at the jack head to release psi, take the guage off the hose ,drain it in 5 gal buckets, its slow but works. you should make one ithe bigger diameter with a shut off valve on it works great in any packing job,is there a rupture valve in the pit cause it has a shut off built in..
Topic starter
03/05/2013 11:27 pm
Derick......thanks, that's exactly what I was thinking we were going to do, drain it out the fitting port. No rupture valve or I would have done that. This is the crap that pisses me off on a daily basis. All because of time and a few bucks, and the need to be the low bidder lets just screw the team that has to come back and repair it down the road.