Elevator Forum

Help! circa 1962 Do...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Help! circa 1962 Dover Home Lift Elevator issue

29 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
42.7 K Views
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sent you a PM



   
ReplyQuote
(@A Dopo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: ABE
Sent you a PM

Thanks! I Replied.



   
ReplyQuote
 Boa
(@Boa)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
believe that's who I was talking about, knew he was in Myrtle didn't know Columbia



   
ReplyQuote
(@Magic smoke)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Different guy, same company name. Guy in Mrytle is not signatory. Guy in Columbia is.

Last edited by Magic smoke; 05/20/16 04:08 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If you find an elevator mechanic that is willing to come there, send me a message with his contact info. I have several of these units as well as the prints and manual.



   
ReplyQuote
(@A Dopo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: Magic smoke
That door lock in the picture, the contacts are pitted pretty badly it may not be making contact. The male piece in the picture doesn't show any signs of wipe. From the discription you have givin it sounds like either the door lock or the top final limit.
There is a guy in Columbia think the name of his company is Carolina elevator.

Go Tiger!!

Hey, thanks of rate help, so you are a Clemson Tiger? Man what a season last year, let's hope for one more game this year!!



   
ReplyQuote
(@A Dopo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Originally Posted By: jkh
If you find an elevator mechanic that is willing to come there, send me a message with his contact info. I have several of these units as well as the prints and manual.

Very cool. So when you say you have serval of these units you have parts? That would be great! For some reason the unit it running again fine. But I know it is just a matter of time.



   
ReplyQuote
(@A Dopo)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I want to thank everyone for their help. That's what I love about the internet and these chat sites. Thanks!



   
ReplyQuote
(@HomeliftJoe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also have a Dover home lift. It is installed in my condominum here in Murray, Utah. This two story, with basement, has the unit going from the finished basement, to the first and second floor. This condo was built in 1969. Do not know when the elevator was installed. It works great, it is type: 60700-3. No: 5294. I would like to know when it was made and if anyone has owners or operators manual that I could purchase from them. Any information source would also be great. Thanks.



   
ReplyQuote
(@HomeliftJoe)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Would you be willing to sell or copy and sell the manuals.thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@bernienh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
i am also looking for print on adover home lift model 60701-3 email [email protected]



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On some of those homelifts, They had a false floor below the elevator that stopped you from running down if it contacted something in its travels. I had a similar problem and it turned out that mice, or roaches had eaten the skirt and the switch was not working correctly under the cab. These switches were not required when you had doors at both levels, but sometimes they were there anyway. Moving in the car just jostled the switch enough to let the car move..



   
ReplyQuote
(@bernienh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
JKH i need the print for the 60701-3 . a fellow union brother.



   
ReplyQuote
(@bernienh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
hello did ever get a set of prints.? would you share them with me ? email [email protected].. cell # 603-491-9847 thanks for any help



   
ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2
Share:
Scroll to Top