Elevator Forum

Has anyone ever rep...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Has anyone ever replaced a Kone ecospace drive 16

6 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
6,962 Views
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#4030]
I am in the process of replacing a drive for an Ecospace. Unfortunately the dead drive parameters were unretrievable.

I installed the new one but didn't get to spend alot of time on it yet. It did not run on insp right out of the box. No drive demand or main contactor light. No error codes Either. Parameter 6-95? i think It's the communication parameter is right,

Unfortunatley I don't know the exact events leading up to the drive blowout but Kone and TK walked away from the job because it blew out a drive for each company when they were setting up loadweighing.

I found the problem, The load weighing current feedback wire XLW1 I think. IF you need the exact wire I can post tommorow, I'm old, I forget, sorry. was not in the Connector right, Pinched insulation, caused the drive to burn out when weight was put on to set the loadweighing, Found alot of factory problems lately with the eco's. ☹️ .

If anyone has replaced one of these 16 drives before I would really appreciate any help that is offered. I have the drive parameter sheets and the latest final commisioning book, but I don't have the drive replacement procedure write up. Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/04/12 04:27 AM.


   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Kone walked away?

BWah-hah-hah-ha-hah!!!!

Sorry, lost my composure there for a moment.

Great find on that loadweighing feedback issue. I'm sure one of the Kone experts will chime in here in a bit.

Motor megs out ok?



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
yeah, I think the motors fine as far as I know haven't got that far yet. The unit has never run right since install. I actually talked to the TK guys who burned the last drive up and they said the motor was working but the car kept shutting down like these units do when the loadweighing isn't right. I haven't got to tell them it wasn't their fault yet, but I'm sure they will be happy to know it was a factory issue.

Last edited by aquadag; 07/04/12 12:39 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Upyurs)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I just lost a drive a couple of days after performing a 5 year full load test, I wonder if this could be related to the load-weigher issue described above? Where is the XLW1 wire located? It may be worth checking out before replacing the drive.



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
its on the right hand bottom side of the board, some eco's were not set up right from install and this will burn out the drive also



   
ReplyQuote
(@aquadag)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
uh I mean Drive not the board



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top