Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Hanging equipment

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,952 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#37723]
I need to order hanging blocks and chain falls. I need chain falls with long chains. Does anyone know a good supplier. Crap is super expensive



   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
What are you mechanics out there using ? Not for hanging cars. But for hoisting. Like doing a traction dismantling
, rail installations, or telescopic seal replacement where you have to hang multiple pistons and headers high ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wurtec



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
CM or Harrington are the best.

I have a 1 ton 30 foot fall for repacking 2 stage jacks. Pay up, order what you need once and take care of it. At least that's how I feel about rigging equipment. I'll cheap out elsewhere



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I also seen a Harrington 1/2 ton lever hoist the other day I'm jealous of. 1000 pound capacity, 20 or 30 foot chain but so small and light it would fit in a tool bag.

I used a 1/4 lever hoist to swap out a sheave not long ago. I'm really liking lever hoists, smaller than a regular fall and they can free chain, so you can have a nice real long chain and takes 2 seconds to run it to the length you need to rig



   
ReplyQuote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
For jacks, the 30 foot falls great, I rig off the I beam and have enough chain to get all the sections in and out without changing my rigging



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I only see the Harrington mini in 10 foot chain Max



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
How do you use a lever with a 30 foot chain ? You need to be all the way up top by pick point ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yes, or you need to use a chain fall.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
dtabrasives.com



   
ReplyQuote
(@Bowtiedrooster16)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
You don't need to be at the top for a lever hoist. You just hang the hook at top and the lever and the body down where you are.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top