Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

GMV 5000 Valve

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,645 Views
(@Kurious George)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#16277]
I have an Inclinator elevator that was slowly creeping down.

I traced it to a ball seal falling into an enlarged spring on the GMV 5000 valve Manual Lowering solenoid. Thus no seal.

I reversed the spring to the no-enlarged side and the ball seals well now.

Has anyone seen this happen? Can I get replacement springs and seals for the GMV 5000?



   
Quote
(@Norelevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Heard of this a lot of times, but usually it is the seals that causes leakage.

Could it be that the manual lowering solenoid have been adjusted wrong / to much?

You can order springs and seals directly from GMV. (replacement kit)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Kurious George)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thank you Norelevator! Looks like the spring was worn in this case. Do you have a website, phone or email for me to order the replacement kit?



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top