Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
09/05/2025 7:24 pm
To my knowledge the only elevators I've seen that belt life spans are based off run counts are TK EVO/EXO and Schindler 3300/TXRs. I'm tasked with finding the run count on an Otis Gen2 1st generation (the ones that don't use GCS).
So from what I presume, 1st generation Gen2 units use just their resistance percentage across the wires in the belts for when they need to be replaced. The Pulse Unit has no way of checking how many trips it has taken.
My question: if there is a menu for it, where do I find the run count on these units?
So from what I presume, 1st generation Gen2 units use just their resistance percentage across the wires in the belts for when they need to be replaced. The Pulse Unit has no way of checking how many trips it has taken.
My question: if there is a menu for it, where do I find the run count on these units?
10/05/2025 3:34 am
Otis has never had run count tied to belt life, with the exception of you are allowed to replace a singular belt if it has less than 100,000 runs on it. If you have a PULSE unit the belts are good until the PULSE says so (aside from physical damage) with the exception someone hasn't done a learn run on the belts over 100,000 runs. If you don't have a PULSE unit belts need to be replaced every 5 years regardless of run count.