Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

Gen2 noise

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,758 Views
 msqr
(@msqr)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#14832]
Not something I'm working on, but I've noticed the Gen2 units in a lot of shopping malls and office buildings around here tend to make a lot of noise when traveling. Curious to know why that is. I remember reading on Otis' website saying how the belts don't need lubricating, but it sounds like something isn't lubricated.

It's especially noticeable for this one set of parking elevators where the top floor is the main (mall) floor. When starting from Ground and down, it's always noisy (and you can hear it for the entire trip), but when starting from any other floor, it's not this noisy.

Guessing the mall doesn't have a contract with Otis?



   
Quote
(@Norelevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Hello!

Gen2 noises usually comes from the counterweight. loose plate on top of the concrete weights.

The belts should never be lubricated. but you can use some kind of liquid to get better grip if they are slipping.

hope some if this helps 🙂



   
ReplyQuote
(@EleVADER)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Never Lube Gen2's! not sure what kind of slide inserts you have or if you have roller guides? If roller guides I would have an company or certifed mechanic come check it out. Safety first!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top