Elevator Forum

Gen 2 over speed sw...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2 over speed switch

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
8,246 Views
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#25179]
Hello. I got a gen 2 stuck in between floors with gov over speed switch out. I can not reset it. I tried with manual reset on controller and by hand at top of shaft. The tiny black cam wants to pull back away from switch. Please help



   
Quote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Please help ? No One has procedures to reset governor ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@RustyIron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Before the manual reset button will do anything, you need to enable the reset function using the handheld tool.

However, the actual switch is a little white plastic disk that sits behind the governor sheave.
If you get get to that, you're golden.

Last edited by RustyIron; 11/15/18 03:11 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I was there. I flipped it up. But tiny cam still spring loaded to push back away from switch



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jluff)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Does anyone have procedures to reset ?



   
ReplyQuote
(@RustyIron)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I might be mistaken, but perhaps the spring loaded black actuator and the microswitch have nothing to do with overspeed. It's just a thought.



   
ReplyQuote
(@DripCan)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Put on insp use tool go to M2251 go on to gov reset enable it then hold reset gov switch for 5 sec or so



   
ReplyQuote
(@Rolly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Your activating an I/O with tool to operate a solenoid. You can also use a jumper energize the coil to reset. Check your wiring diagrams.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top