Elevator Forum

Gen 2 Belt Conditio...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Gen 2 Belt Conditioner

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
1,906 Views
(@cshields)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#36402]
Hello,

I have a ton Gen2 of units and the belts are extremely loud when the car is running (popping/stetching sound).

Does anyone know where you can by the Gen2 Belt Conditioner? Unitec offers the belt cleaner, but won't sell the belt conditioner to non-Otis companies. The part description clearly states that "belt conditioner is a different product and is only applied under the direction of Otis expertise" (see attached photo).

Any help or other suggestions to quiet belts is greatly appreciated.

Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-15 093337.png (20.16 KB, 28 downloads)



   
Quote
(@EElevator)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Personally, having gen 2s and other cars with coated steel ropes on my route. The idea of applying anything to the belts is borderline scary. I would only even apply that Otis belt conditioner after seeing full documentation and getting it directly from Otis. I wouldn't dream of concocting up my own stuff to put on there. Can get people killed.

As far as noise, I've got a bunch of gen 2s and they're the same way. As far as I'm concerned the customer is getting what they paid for. There's nothing wrong and nothing to fix or address. It's simply a caveat of the design of that equipment. Even ecospaces don't do that. Because they use real ropes.

If the customers not happy, you could always point them in the direction of your sales folks for new elevators.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top