Elevator Forum

GAL controller TOC ...
 
Notifications
Clear all

GAL controller TOC CAN com issue

5 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,683 Views
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#15925]
Ok So I have a few galaxy controllers on my routes and I seem to have the same issue with almost all of them. Car will randomly stop and fault code will say TOC CAN Com error. Well thats all fine and dandy because most times it resets itself or a few times I have to reset it. But I had one locked in yesterday. so I unhook everything from the CAN BUS except the CT board, and do a Com test. Nothing. So I change the CAN chips out on both boards. Nothing. So I try a Com test between the 1036(Comm board) and the PI board. Nothing. I assume it is the 1036 board and it should be in today to swap out. But if it is not, Any suggestions as to what it could be would be much appreciated.

Thanks



   
Quote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
5v power supply
Sheild traveling cable not installed properly
Resistor
Jumper

Any of these things that relate to CAN...



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
So I replace the 1036 com board and I get nothing. So i replace the CAN chip on the CT board and it works, but I have no PI and no Hall lanterns. So I go to pull the CAN chip out of the 1043BN which is my hall lanterns, and low and behold that chip falls apart in my hand in about 6 pieces! Root problem found. Replaced that chip and now I have Hall Lanterns. So now I have to order a new PI driver board and all is well. The entire CAN BUS system was fried by faulty chip. Burn marks on CANH input on the PI Driver board. The one good thing I can say about a Galaxy controller is that they have a plethora of spare IC chips.

Thanks for the suggestions.



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thanks for closing out your post!



   
ReplyQuote
(@CM1981)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Well a forum wouldn't really be helpful to anyone if the solution wasn't documented



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top