Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
15/10/2021 1:52 am
Got a 3 stage telescopic jack from 1988. Need a seal kit but don’t know the manufacturer. The installer is out of business for very long time. The controller manufacturer has no clue. Canton pulled archives from that year and has no clue.. any recommendations at this point.
15/10/2021 2:34 am
Call Texacone or Gorman. They might be able to help you. Post a picture of the jack if you can.
15/10/2021 2:34 am
Call Texacone or Gorman. They might be able to help you. Post a picture of the jack if you can.
15/10/2021 2:35 am
Oops. Haha
15/10/2021 6:46 am
canton used to use EECO for all multi stage jacks. They do not build their own
15/10/2021 6:42 pm
You say manufacturer has been out of business for a long time, wasn’t Cemco by any chance?
Topic starter
16/10/2021 8:30 am
The manufacturer is actually canton. They finally found a drawing. There’s no sync valves in the drawing so I hope there isn’t any... it’s a cantilever 3 stage telescopic from 1987. Do you guys sand the pistons ? What do you use and what type of pattern ?
Last edited by Jluff; 10/16/21 12:32 AM.
16/10/2021 12:13 pm
I use emery cloth. I typically will go with 120 grit then 180 grit and finish off with 220 grit. It just depends how bad the joint/scratches are. I take a 16" - 18" piece and sand back and forth right to left. Some real bad joints need to have a fine file taken to them first then a 60 or 80 grit then finished with the finer grit. I've seen some bad piston joints on larger jacks that have had to be filed.