Elevator Forum

ESCO Controller Mem...
 
Notifications
Clear all

ESCO Controller Memory

8 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,841 Views
(@mbarter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31599]
I have an 1994 Esco Elevator in a 2 story hotel that I own in Maine. We had a flickering of power and 2 hour outage. The controller somehow lost its memory and my current Elevator service company is telling me that they have no way of re programming it and I will need to replace/update the complete controller. There has to be someone who knows what to do? Let me know any thoughts. Thanks! Matt



   
Quote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Who is your service company?



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Thats interesting, all the ESCOs I've seen even into the 90s have been relay logic. I didn't know they ever used anything PLC or microprocessor based. Can you post a pic of the controller?



   
ReplyQuote
(@mbarter)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
h
Attachments
esco.PNG (663.7 KB, 56 downloads)



   
ReplyQuote
 ABE
(@ABE)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Sent you a PM



   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Considering the age of this controller and the rarity you might be better off upgrading the controller like they said. It would be beneficial to you as replacing that PLC will be very expensive and take a while. If you changed the controller, you can get parts quickly, cheaper and have a more accessable. You are essentially prolonging the inevitable and going to spend alot of money.

Last edited by KSNY; 09/10/21 11:23 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@heisenberg)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
That's a bummer and it's pretty strange how a PLC would suddenly lose its memory?
From the picture I can see that is a Mitsubishi PLC , they are fairly reliable, and I have never heard of a PLC to suddenly have a memory wipe.

It's a real shame your elevator company didn't download the logic from the PLC and save it to a PC, then it would be a straight swap over. Those PLC arent too difficult to source...

Last edited by heisenberg; 09/11/21 02:23 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
 KSNY
(@KSNY)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Originally Posted by heisenberg
That's a bummer and it's pretty strange how a PLC would suddenly lose its memory?
From the picture I can see that is a Mitsubishi PLC , they are fairly reliable, and I have never heard of a PLC to suddenly have a memory wipe.

It's a real shame your elevator company didn't download the logic from the PLC and save it to a PC, then it would be a straight swap over. Those PLC arent too difficult to source...

If the battery goes it will looses memory. Also if the company pulled the PLC and the battery was weak when they went to download it then the owner would blame the compnay. If they are so reliable then why woluld they even pull it to download? Just seeing it both ways. I dont know about the Mistudishi drives but the Omrons need tools and computer sofware to download.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top