Elevator Forum

Emi Porta controlle...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Emi Porta controller with automation direct drive

11 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
11.3 K Views
(@mrob8705)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#31592]
Hi, I'm working on a unit with a an emi porta MHTAL board and an automation direct gs2 3 phase 3 hp drive. The elevator was down between floor upon arrival and i found both the MHTAL board and drive damaged and needing replacement. I replaced them both and was able to program the new board but, Emi porta has no information on using this drive with this controller. Has anyone worked on this setup and have potential drive parameter suggestions? I got the car to run down after initially having constant drive overload problems. i was able to tune it enough to get it to run to the second floor but then when i would try to call the car back down it ran up to 3, i called it again and it ran to 4. now i believe its trying to continue to run up when its called down but when it starts to run it appears to be going into the overhead and overloading the drive. I believe the drive is reversing somehow but i've tried swapping leads out of the drive to reverse the phasing but it was still running the wrong way. Its a winding drum machine also for your information.

Any help would be appreciated.



   
Quote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Those guys have pretty good tech support



   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I agree with Solidstate, they have been great to deal with. EMI/Porta sells components to many manufacturers. I’ve seen these drives and boards used in Savaria packages.

Do you have a ptool?
Is the control board registering an up and down commands?
The wires you swapped, were they the wires from the drive to the motor?

If this is a Savaria package elevator I suggest you call 800 265-5416 ask for Kerri or Jeremie. They are awesome to work with!



   
ReplyQuote
(@mrob8705)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Thanks for the responses. I do have the ptool and was able to program the board. Unfortunately emi porta said they would not be able to help with this specific drive. Yes I did swap them coming off the drive to the motor. Now I'm thinking maybe should have done it on the incoming side.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Where are you located? (city) (state) Do you have wiring diagrams for this controller?? I may be able to help...



   
ReplyQuote
(@mrob8705)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I'm out of st pete. florida, i have a limited wiring diagram provided by emi but its not exact.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
On the MHTAL board, does it show down when running down? Or does it show down when running up. I don't think Changing the 3 phase at the incoming side will reverse the motor. Do you have a standard MHTAL print?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Do you have the entire part number for the drive? I need to get the drive information.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Is the dynamic brake resistor installed and good?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Does anyone know if EMI Porta is still in business? Can't seem to get anyone to answer their phones. I have left 4 voice mails with no response. I have been calling their 847-593-4900 number.



   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They are still there...however its the dreaded Private Equity that is causing all of us headaches. They sold out and are now awful.
If you need the parts associated with the controller call Pam at TAL 847.847.4243 the TAL controls are what EMI used. If you are stuck with their interlocks, may try a third party reseller.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top