Elevator Forum

Escalator comb teet...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Escalator comb teeth nominal clearances btwn step

2 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,682 Views
(@Robert Krieger)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#541]
I am looking for any information on the nominal clearance between the bottom of the comb teeth and the bottom of the step tread where it engages the step tread.

I realize that every job is different and the code book is silent about the clearance between the comb teeth and the step tread, but I would appreciate it if any one can take some measurements and we can obtain a consensus.

Respectfully Submitted,

Robert L Krieger Jr.



   
Quote
 E311
(@E311)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I dont know the measurement-one way we check it (Ive seen inspectors do this also)-is to try to insert a business card flat, while the unit is running into the comb. Of course you dont stand on the walk on plate as this will give you a false indication of depth.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top