Elevator Forum

Notifications
Clear all

ERL wiring change

3 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
2,468 Views
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#7259]
I have ERL in my garage. I was wondering if there was a wiring change that would keep the doors from opening when you clip a lock or drop the safety string?

I have hatchlatch installed on them and I have burnt up serval door motors due to this.



   
Quote
(@E-man)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Simplest thing to do is mount a door zone relay in the hatch latch box (assuming you have the Adams POS?). There's a set of output terminals for a DZ relay. Run your Door Open Limit through a N.O. contact of the DZ relay. Then it won't open unless it's at/or or sees a reflector tape at or near floor level. If not you would need to use some LU and LD contacts breaking your open signal from the machine room, that circuit can get tricky depending on the vintage and the different style operators.

Last edited by E-man; 06/03/13 12:49 AM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@sbrmilitia)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Yeah its the adams pos.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top