Elevator Forum

Elevator For A Movi...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Elevator For A Movie

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
5,198 Views
 Dom
(@Dom)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#3171]
Hi,

I'm building an elevator for a movie. It's dawned on me that none of us know the answer to a particular question.

When a lift has four doors, how is the recess into which the middle doors retract made inaccessible when the doors are closed?

I can't imagine a 'brush' being used as people could get their fingers in there which would be nasty when the doors open!

I've tried looking for some local elevators with four doors but have not found any yet and we're on a very tight schedule. So if anyone can tell me how this feature works I'd be very grateful.

Pictures would be even better! 🙂

Many thanks,
Dom



   
Quote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
"Four doors" could mean two hall door panels, and two corresponding car door panels. But it's not clear if that's what you have.

Here's how we describe entrances-

Side slide, single speed. (One hall door panel, one car door panel) Door strike jamb is on one side of the elevator.

Side slide, two speed. (One fast hall door panel, one slow hall door panel, one fast car door panel, one slow car door panel) Door strike jamb is on one side of the elevator.

Center opening, single speed. (Two hall door panels, two car door panels) Doors meet in the center of the opening.

Center opening, two-speed. (Two fast hall door panels, two slow hall door panels, two fast car door panels, two slow door panels)

There are more permutations, (such as three speed) but those are the most common ones.

Whatcha got?

Last edited by Vic; 04/09/12 10:13 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
(@solidstate)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Wow Vic, I am gonna have to google permutations!!!!!



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I know another big word, too-

"marmalade"

That's 9 letters! :^)



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Dom, after re-reading your post, it seems you are talking about the leading edge of one door panel, and the trailing edge of an adjacent door panel, forming a "shearing" effect.

Our door panels overlap like 3/4", so there is no place to stick your fingers in.

Hope I read you right.

What version of entrance configuration you got there?

Last edited by Vic; 04/09/12 11:46 PM.


   
ReplyQuote
 jkh
(@jkh)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Vic It nice to see elevator men have an extended vocabulary!



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
8^)



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Don't much like marmalade, and hated Marmaduke. But alas, the awaited denouement has occurred, and we have no further questions.



   
ReplyQuote
 Vic
(@Vic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I have found it is always best to eschew obfuscation.



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top