Elevator Forum

Dover DMC door prob...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover DMC door problem

7 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
3,618 Views
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#38894]
I have a Dover DMC HD 85 2 speed side slide doors the problem I'm having is when the door is fully open and hit my door open limit the doors slowly drift closed off the limit and then reopen I'm hooked up with a laptop going into door settings not sure if there's a setting in here to stop these doors from closing or is this possibly a mechanical adjustment. Tia



   
Quote
(@Montana)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
It's mechanical



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
I kind of thought that it was I have to get manual on this unit and read up on adjustments.i also seem to remember they use to have a spring on the trailing side of the hoist way door was that to assist in keeping it open not sure



   
ReplyQuote
(@Indirtwetrust)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
They have no power on them in the open so the spirator and the weight of the door linkage will pull the door closed. The operator has to be adjusted so that the linkage comes much closer to a mechanical lockout (the point just before the door starts go the other direction.)



   
ReplyQuote
(@elmcannic)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Be sure to check the fastener at the drive arm (arm connected to the secondary big sheave) to the door connector arm. That 3/8” fluted bolt or whatever it is is notorious for loosening up causing DCL/DOL troubles. Another thing is the door belt itself. Check tension and check to see there’s no stretch fatigue at the belt/operator motor sheave point when fully open.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Scrapwood99)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter  
Checked all bolts on linkage belts all replaced and correct tension no slippage did find DOL ban with magnets split replaced that .now when I get back think issue is what indirtwetrust said mechanical issue at this point looking for manual on HD 85 operator if anyone has pdf that be great thanks



   
ReplyQuote
(@gohana256)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0

   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top