Elevator Forum

Dover Composite Ove...
 
Notifications
Clear all

Dover Composite Overshooting Floors

9 Posts
1 Users
0 Reactions
7,903 Views
(@wltr00)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
Topic starter   [#26349]
I have a Composite that is overshooting floors. Any suggestions on where to start?



   
Quote
(@Johnny)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
How much is it overshooting? both directions?? Stopping sequence ISL, LU or LD, 2LR RTT(not dropping) RE 14 & 15 contactors working (core pin not loose)



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
I recently had a 7 stop overshooting floors in both directions at all stops but top ,bottom , and 4th floor. I checked everything having to do with compounding and I thought I had checked everything having to do with selector. I checked pie plates, cable, bearings, sensors, etc and everything seemed fine. I finally realized the set screws at the end of the shaft with the pie plates were loose on the opposite end from the drum and the whole shaft had shifted maybe 3/16’s of an inch. Why it didn’t effect floors 1,4,and 6 was kind of misleading



   
ReplyQuote
(@Jcjphoenix)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
1,4and7



   
ReplyQuote
 TC7
(@TC7)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
If overshooting both directions, is CLC pulling in at the end of run?



   
ReplyQuote
(@Seco2000)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Just a note about Stuthers-Dunn relays ....14 15...armature pins are known to break. Relay appears to work but contacts do not make or break.



   
ReplyQuote
(@Whadafack)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Slack in your selector cable



   
ReplyQuote
(@Philly)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Yep. Tighten it up on the cartop



   
ReplyQuote
(@boomer)
Joined: 1 second ago
Posts: 0
 
Also make sure you have plenty of spring tension on the selector cable under the car. 14 and 15 are crucial!



   
ReplyQuote
Share:
Scroll to Top