Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
31/01/2022 11:25 pm
Hello All,
I have a 3-Bank set of Dover Composites, 2 of them #1 and #3 are working fine, but Car #2 will answer a Hall call to the top floor, but will not open the doors. This elevator will answer a car call to the top floor and open the doors, but will not open the doors if it arrives at the top floor from a hall call. this car will arrive at the top floor and the hall call will stay latched( no arrival gong) until the car is put on cartop inspection.
This car acts normally at all other 5 landings(6 stop) when given a Hall Call/Car Call.
I've cleaned the floor bar for the Top/6th floor. I've inspected and cleaned TDL relay. The plunger switch is pretty flat for the 6th floor TDL contact, but I adjusted it for better contact at the 6th floor
I haven't adjusted any other plunger switches yet to make sure they are contacting the other 6th floor floor bar contacts.
UX,CX,CC relays were cleaned, but not replaced, but as i said before Car #2 is working fine at all other floors.
No other car will come to the top floor if Car #2 is there and the Hall Call is still latched..
What am I missing?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I have a 3-Bank set of Dover Composites, 2 of them #1 and #3 are working fine, but Car #2 will answer a Hall call to the top floor, but will not open the doors. This elevator will answer a car call to the top floor and open the doors, but will not open the doors if it arrives at the top floor from a hall call. this car will arrive at the top floor and the hall call will stay latched( no arrival gong) until the car is put on cartop inspection.
This car acts normally at all other 5 landings(6 stop) when given a Hall Call/Car Call.
I've cleaned the floor bar for the Top/6th floor. I've inspected and cleaned TDL relay. The plunger switch is pretty flat for the 6th floor TDL contact, but I adjusted it for better contact at the 6th floor
I haven't adjusted any other plunger switches yet to make sure they are contacting the other 6th floor floor bar contacts.
UX,CX,CC relays were cleaned, but not replaced, but as i said before Car #2 is working fine at all other floors.
No other car will come to the top floor if Car #2 is there and the Hall Call is still latched..
What am I missing?
Any help is greatly appreciated!
I
01/02/2022 12:03 am
So most of these release calls through either a contact on CR relay or through the floor bar and resister. The floor bar shorts the hall call by putting the potential around the resister instead of the hall relay.
01/02/2022 12:14 am
I assume you checked tthat the relay wasn't hanging in with residual.
Topic starter
01/02/2022 2:03 am
I pulled and inspected several relays. I'm not sure if CR was one of them. I was thinking maybe the TZP-B relay?
But I will check and see if CR Relay.
But I will check and see if CR Relay.
Topic starter
01/02/2022 3:17 am
The elevator works fine at all the other floors below it. Why would CR be the issue at the top floor only? The top floor is were I'm having the problem. How does the TZP-B relay play into it? Thanks.
01/02/2022 4:22 am
If the car is already at the floor, then you hit the hall call, do the doors open and the call drop? Or does the call just stay latched?
Topic starter
01/02/2022 9:12 am
I believe the Hall Call stays latched. I was off today. but I'll be back at the elevator first thing in the morning.
01/02/2022 9:22 am
In that case it should be fairly easy to let the car sit there and go through the circuit with a meter. Whether DC is picked or not is a good place to start. I suspect you’ll end up back at the floor bars.