Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
11/04/2019 2:08 am
I've got a Composite with the Stop Switch in and on INSP, yet when power is applied the car takes off in the down direction and goes to the Pit. It's like it's pushing the motor through the brake. It is 12.5 KW motor with Optical leveling. I replaced the Generator brushes and blew out the Generator, but it is still happening. I have checked the 14/15 Contactors. Anyone ever seen anything like this?
11/04/2019 2:33 am
If it going down on the final without pulling the directional relays in, it almost has to be a series field issue.
11/04/2019 7:34 am
Suicide circuit open Replace BR relay and possibility BRT timer
11/04/2019 7:37 am
Got prints??? From A2 thru BR 7-1 thru Gen Shunt field to A1. This kills the shunt field
11/04/2019 7:45 am
Back contacts on BR not allowing proper operation of suicide circuit. Meter between two adjacent MG brushes, the generator is probably building an output with no demand.
11/04/2019 11:02 am
I know this is a long shot, but is the MG set spinning the right direction?
Was it doing this before you blew it out?
Did you go back with the same brushes than were in it previously?
Was there perhaps previous work being done to this unit or was this in response to a call back where you found this previously running unit in this condition?
It sounds like way too much series field.