Notifications
Clear all
Topic starter
13/09/2024 4:24 am
Keep getting called out by the customer regarding their Dover composite that keeps faulting out. The building maintenance guy keeps resetting the unit before I get there, but he says the bf2 relay is high. Any ideas?
14/09/2024 3:18 am
Bill them so heavily and maybe delay response times until the building guy doesn't touch it again. Then you cam see the problem.
14/09/2024 3:22 am
That old stuff you need to be there when it's broke usually. Unless you have a really good lead/ circumstances to follow and look into certain things.
Another good idea, rule something out every visit. Order a few sees replacement IBM relays and swap out a couple suspect ones every trip keeping a detailed log is a good idea. If the callback comes in again you know it wasn't the ones you just replaced. Put the old ones back then rule out the next on your suspect list.
14/09/2024 6:35 am
I agree that they just have to leave it for you so you can fix it. As for the replacement relays, I’d suggest you order the actual IBM 4 poles from Vertical Express and never put in one of those “solid state” relays if you don’t have to. I find more problems with those things than I do 50 year old IBM relays.
15/09/2024 4:24 am
If the BF Relay is a Potter Brumfield you might want to see if it is hanging in with residual magnetism.